Oct 8, 2010

Go(o)d luck

Today I've heard on the radio people saying how much luck the have when it comes to winning many different contest, or draws. One of the woman said that during the last two years she has won over 100 (!) prizes. I know it is possible, I mean winning a draw. One of my husband's friends won 15 thousands zlotys in an online competition, honestly. He just thought up a slogan to advertise on of the well known fast food restaurant. I do agree that such events happening in your environment mobilize you to enter a contest yourself, to try your luck.
I have rather bad luck... When I was nine, in one of the daily newspapapers there was a draw for children. For few days children had to sign the names of professions in the picture. My younger brother couldn't write yet, so I was signing two pictures - one with his name, one with mine. And guess what? He won!! And he, with our father, went to Dennmark to Legoland!! I felt so dissapointed - it was me who wrote his name there! Ah.

However, I do have luck in my life in different matters. For example, in university admittion. If it wasn't for easy questions, I would not be a pedagogy student now. Next, in finding job: I found a notice about a job as an english lector in kindergarten by chance. I wasn't looking for job as I have daily studies, but after a week I had my first classes :) and what's more, my boss is great and the salary is satisfactory. I have good luck in cooking new dishes and in fitting a big sofa and a piano in a small flat :D And of course, I have an incredible luck in my personal life - I had found the person I'm going to spend the rest life with and I am more than happy with him. So, I need to thank you, God, for being so lucky!


Do you think you are a lucky person?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I do :**

Anonymous said...

It`s your attitude that you can see the other side of your life :*