Jan 16, 2009

Love it!

Actually, I always wanted to be a teacher. As an older sister I used to teach letters to my younger brother. I also taught him singing – we have even recorded ourselves :) However, even as a child I was aware of the fact that teachers do not earn much, so I sometimes dreamed of becoming a tennis player (but I do not have any talent for that) or a model (but I’m too short).
I came to Teaching Training College because – ok, let’s face the truth – I wasn’t admitted to pedagogics. All in all, it turned out to be an ideal place for me ;) Not only have I improved my English but also learnt a lot on the subject of teaching. After graduation, I plan to continue my education in elementary pedagogics, so my teaching practice haven’t made me change my mind.

I started my teaching practice in September in Junior High School in Skórzewo. The first lessons came a little bit unexpectedly as I went for the observation and my ex-teacher said: ok, so tomorrow you’ll start teaching. I had only one afternoon for preparing to them, oh no :] I was afraid because I knew that teenagers at the age of 13-15 are the most misbehaving. But I’ve made it and everything went fine! I did my job according to my plan, and what’s more, learners were cooperative as well as friendly.
I also have good memories connected with high school teaching. I have to admit it was a very demanding task as those learners had many questions and got bored easily but, on the other hand, it was so satisfying to see them interested and engaged in the lesson.
I look forward to teaching in a primary school as that’s what I always dreamed of!

Summing up, although teaching is time-consuming (preparing all those additional materials: pictures, games etc.) and challenging (copying with different attitudes, abilities, character traits of students), I love it!

1 comment:

beti86 said...

The teacher-to-be with a true calling :D How nice! It's gr8 that U know what U want to do with Ur life and that studying at TTC gives U so much satisfaction :)